The Woman




I know it's a long way, I know it was long back,
I still see them, I still feel them.
Those mornings which were good, when the clock ticked
and the time silently glided away,
hushed by our whispers.

When the hours were as fast as seconds,
when the roosters reminded us to sleep,
when the evenings told us, how much
we missed each other, when the words were never enough
and the terms of endearment borrowed words from all sorts.

When the nights were pleasant,
filled with your music so divine,
your voice so soft, your laugh so charismatic.
When the good nights never seemed to end,
when the jasmines never gave up on us.

I still see them, those bridges we never crossed,
those tight embraces which never materialized,
those kisses which never crossed our wet lips,
those promises which got lost on their way
and all those undelivered letters, which still are in the drafts.

Though I've never seen you,
those beautiful black eyes in my dreams,
I know, are yours.

1 comments:

Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment