Brown, Browner, Brownest...

He is back....tha tha thaa tha tha (Terminator style). He introduced LHC to us browners, even before rest of the world read it in papers and saw it in news channels for the infamous atom collision experiment. The large computer & the algorithms in Digital fortress, anti-matter in Angels & Demons, unknown species in Deception Point.....his novels were more informative than the underlying story itself, with the twists making you read even faster to unfold each mystery. I virtually visited the Louvre Museum while reading The Da Vinci Code. Following that novel, i've read it in papers, someone even really claimed that he/she (i actually don't remember the person's gender & name..its long back) is from The Bloodline.

Few days back (about 2 months), when I was searching something random, I came to know about his The Lost Symbol which was about due release. I was intrigued about it, so got it just few days after its release. It actually took me 10 days to complete reading it (now shut up and stop rolling your eyes....I know its long for a thriller....but you know....I do the W word....work...you idiot...stop rolling eyes again...).

I had the opinion (for the starting few pages) that now its a boring piece from him. But it later caught on the pace. Then suddenly I had this opinion that perhaps he was intrigued by Krishna Consciousness. But then after a few chapters, he did mention Lord Krishna and The Bhagavad Geeta. I was little happier that now perhaps I was guessing his twists before hand....and believe me....it was going the same way I thought it would lead...(perhaps i'm becoming intelligent, or perhaps, he is thinking like me). Anyways, it was good to have Robert Langdon back into action. At a certain moment, I thought that perhaps he was smitten by the celebrity status of Langdon, like Sherlock Holmes, like Harry Potter (an for the Doordarshan viewers...Detective Sam De Silva of Tehkikaat).

For those who are awaiting new tech. bytes in this novel, sorry to say, but there are none that we haven't heard before. Noetic science, liquid breathing, holographic data storage...nothing new in this novel ( i mean...atleast i've heard about them long back).

And the good part is that, this one has no or very less number of statements which may rise any allegations or such. Here, its a lot about Free masonry (yup...again), Vedas, The Bhagawad Geeta, Kabbalah & Koran. apart from The Bible. Perhaps, thrillers are being too routine for Mr. Brown, 'coz it seems that at a point he lost interest. He lost the continuity of some events (like...when Langdon calls Katherene, she immediately recognises his no. in her phone book ...but later it is said that his no. is unlisted, when she wants to call him (am not talking about call from Bellamy's phone).

In the other half, the story had twists similar to old Indian thriller movies. Another story on alchemy (perhaps I had this feeling 'coz i've read The Alchemist recently), but The Alchemist was the best  on alchemy.

Hey, I know, you are thinking...what happened to this guy. Yesterday it was Jai Ho and today its The Lost Symbol......is he trying to be a critic??? Naah....no way..... అంత సినిమా లేదు గురు ....

So, that's all for now......catch you later.....and if you are bored or had the feeling of banging your head while reading any of my posts.......Run Boy Run.....'coz I'll Be Back


P.S:  For all those who read Jai Ho and are jealous, just for the information, I was just able to distinguish ARR, Sivamani, Neeti and all by their dress....so  nazar mat lagaao....anywayz....the kaala teeka is still on. ;)


1 comments:

nothing saying much..hehehehe..i liked ur post.. ;)

 

Post a Comment